.

Friday, August 30, 2019

My Reading Autobiography Essay

Reading has been an important part in my life. I have always loved reading since reading entertains, educates and informs. Reading interesting novels such as fiction books has been part of the entertainment aspect of my reading history. I love the way stories are told in books and as I read, I often get overwhelmed and enter the scene being explained in the story. At times I feel I am watching live scenes. This entertains me! Books have educated me. Since I entered school, the most valuable friend I met in school was reading. Reading has been my greatest companion in education and through reading I have amassed a great deal of knowledge. When I was young, I was introduced to reading sciences and arts. I found it hard to read especially pronouncing words in the required manner. With interest, I gained a strong interest in reading. Reading has now made me understand, critically analyze and find solutions to most life problems. Apart from educating me, reading taught me how to get information and be informed. I always felt it was a bother being asked to read when I was first introduced to reading in school. My teachers could force me to keep repeating a word over and over if I made wrong pronunciations. My parents were not any soft to me. Everybody wanted to see me reading correctly and sacrificed their time ensuring that I made correct pronunciations. In school, I even became an expert in reading and I could assist other pupils in reading! The teachers who often pressed me to repeat the wrongly pronounced words became my best friends. Today, I encourage a reading culture among all people regardless they are students or not. I emphasize on the three roles of reading; informing, entertaining and educating. These catchwords have deeply sunk into people’s memory and a majority of them have embraced reading as the most beneficial culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment